![]() |
| Sci-fi Noir Fun times! |
One elevator ride later, Icarus stood just inside the market scanning for Seraphina. "Honestly, how can that woman be late to her own meeting at her own market?" Icarus muttered, checking the time. He had only arrived 48 seconds ago, but he was already feeling antsy. "I agree." Icarus spun around, completely blowing his facade in his surprise. The unnatural monotone could only be a bioroid. Icarus started a reply, but coming around to face the chest of the tall bulky machine caused it do die in his throat.
The machine gazed down at him and smirked. "A courier clone, what does she want with us?" Icarus shrugged, recovering his composure. Just then, Seraphina and a man covered in straps, pockets,and pouches came around the corner. "Ah, welcome everyone!" Seraphina waved towards the two Androids. "Da, come into my parlour and we can discuss privately the thing I have called you here for." The bioroid turned, following the slim Russian into the only actual storefront in this chunk of building.
"Mishka's, I have need of your special skills to resolve some issues ve are having." Lady Shira began, offering the man and Icarus a small cup of tea. She glanced at the bioroid and frowned. "Would you care for to charge in one of our wall ports?" The bioroid shook its head and joined the Icarus and the man on the other side of the wooden desk. "You all are regular customers/suppliers, and ve have need of your help."
"First up, the local police are beginning to crack down on us. They do not have enough evidence to close the market, but they pushing tickets on almost all our stalls. Ve will be buried if ve do not get them to go harass someone else. As vell, The Yakuza from the next district over are now hounding us for protection money." Seraphina shook her head, "Ve cannot stand up to them, and need to get them focused somewhere else. If you three can make either one or both groups leave us alone, we can make it worth your while. 1200 credits however you want to split it up."
Seraphina noded to the man "Ralph, your connections with the police and your knowledge of the area should be critical." He grinned, "I'm in, got to support my lifestyle somehow." Seraphina glanced at Icarrus, "Well Icarus? I know how much you like the Yakuza." Icarus nodded, "You know I could never miss a chance to mess with the Yakuza Sera." She waved at the bioroid, "Pheonix, can I count on your help?" Pheonix nodded, "I can hack what we need." Seraphina grinned, "Good, good. Vhat are you thoughts?"
Icarus grabbed his chin, "The best way to get them off your back is to get them more interested in something else." Ralph leaned back, "I bet we could get the cops working on a larger case, that would get them going somewhere else." Icarus nodded, "Yeah we could, we will just have to find the right victim." Ralph looked at him, "I'm not going to kill someone for this, John." Seraphina bolted up, No Killing! Ve do not need that around here!" Icarus leaned back, "I was thinking more along the lines of framing the Yakuza, then they can all deal with each other." Pheonix let out a calculated grin, "I think that might get the cops off of several of our backs." Seraphina smiled wide, " Vell, vhat do you have in mind?
___________________
"First up, the local police are beginning to crack down on us. They do not have enough evidence to close the market, but they pushing tickets on almost all our stalls. Ve will be buried if ve do not get them to go harass someone else. As vell, The Yakuza from the next district over are now hounding us for protection money." Seraphina shook her head, "Ve cannot stand up to them, and need to get them focused somewhere else. If you three can make either one or both groups leave us alone, we can make it worth your while. 1200 credits however you want to split it up."
Seraphina noded to the man "Ralph, your connections with the police and your knowledge of the area should be critical." He grinned, "I'm in, got to support my lifestyle somehow." Seraphina glanced at Icarrus, "Well Icarus? I know how much you like the Yakuza." Icarus nodded, "You know I could never miss a chance to mess with the Yakuza Sera." She waved at the bioroid, "Pheonix, can I count on your help?" Pheonix nodded, "I can hack what we need." Seraphina grinned, "Good, good. Vhat are you thoughts?"
Icarus grabbed his chin, "The best way to get them off your back is to get them more interested in something else." Ralph leaned back, "I bet we could get the cops working on a larger case, that would get them going somewhere else." Icarus nodded, "Yeah we could, we will just have to find the right victim." Ralph looked at him, "I'm not going to kill someone for this, John." Seraphina bolted up, No Killing! Ve do not need that around here!" Icarus leaned back, "I was thinking more along the lines of framing the Yakuza, then they can all deal with each other." Pheonix let out a calculated grin, "I think that might get the cops off of several of our backs." Seraphina smiled wide, " Vell, vhat do you have in mind?
___________________

No comments:
Post a Comment