Monday, January 6, 2020

New year Update and such

So, lets do some quick catch up for the new year, and look back at what I did last year on this big old blog thing. I put out 21 posts last year... Ugh... While quite a bit disappointing, that is more than previous years, and it gives me something to work on this year. Each one capped out at around a thousand words. Some were 500 and some were 1500, so I am just going by the average. So I put out 21,000 words last year that I thought people might like. On the plus side I did plan out and convert/paint up a whole Blood Bowl team. So that was a nice project finished.


They run the Dark Elf rules, but they are Naga inspired.
 It was quite a bit of fun to build these up
So overall, not very productive. Yay... Also, my readership is best described as tiny. Good news, I should be buying a house later this coming year. I imagine I can get all sorts of interesting topics out of that. Also, it will be nice to have my home computer separated from my home TV.  That has on several occasions impacted my ability to do things. So, once I can get settled in, hopefully I will get more time to be productive. So plan #1, Get into a house. Plan #2 get more productive time to do things. Plan #3 ??? Plan number 4, Profit.

At the gaming group I frequent we have been getting into Oath-breaker format of Magic lately. If you go by Planeswalker Commander with some modifications, you are not to far off. We will see how long it goes, and how long we can retain our play group. Unfortunately, we have gotten this group at the expense of our board gaming group. I am hopeful we will still get a good group of people in for that as well.

My son is still doing good, though I worry about him pretty regularly. He is going to have some testing here in April that I hope will get him into the programs he needs to thrive. Most days I can keep my head around the fact that He is turning out fine, but I have found it to be something I worry I am screwing up constantly. The best part is seeing how clever he is. He is going to be to clever for my own good for a long time to come.

I got a Kickstarter game in recently, that I haven't played with the right size crowd to be able to get a good review in for. For those playing along with the home game its called Wavelength. I promise a review is coming at some point, though it likely amounts to Fun, but I don't have the right group to enjoy it. Though it was almost a perfect Kickstarter project and final product. So I plan to look into the next thing Alex Hague decides to do.

Next on the future plans for this year, I am planning to get an RPG group together. So things I need:

  1. A campaign world for them to fart around in. - I got this more or less figured out. Its going to be a modern supernatural/multiverse horror game. It might end up being lots of comedy. Think Call of C'thulu combined with Lego Dimensions. Or maybe it will feel like Gravity Falls.
  2. A system to play in and with. - I'm going to run it in the Fantasy flight Genesys system. it has worked out pretty well for the most part in the other game I play in it. 
  3. A place to play it in. - This one is the big issue. I don't have a fun place to do any RPG right now, so the plans for this are on hold until I can get myself a good play space. So a house in other words.
So I suppose in the end, I am ready and cautiously optimistic that I can make several great improvements to myself this year. Lets see what I can do.



No comments:

Post a Comment