Monday, March 25, 2019

Fiction Day!

Lacona's screen was taunting her. The thrice damned blinking cursor just sitting there not giving her any ideas on what to do next. "Maybe coffee will help." She brushed the hair out of her eyes and looked over to the station coffee station. The pot was full, and it didn't look more than 3 or four hours old. "That will do." Standing, she stretched her lower back. Yep, still not very helpful. The walk to the pot needed to be quick and purposeful. Otherwise, someone was going to try to interrupt her thought proce...
"Detective!" came the inevitable holler from down the hallway. Lacona sighed, only one beat cop is that high pitched. Officer Goldie sprinted up, breathing hard. " Oh, I'm so glad I caught you!" Goldie Spout at an almost piercing volume. Lacona's eye twitched, " What did you need Goldie?" "Well, I was down in records, looking for the key I misplaced when I was stationed down there last week. And since I was down there anyway I was also looking into all those records about Gaile Jiyeon that you were wanting." Goldie's hand twitched and flailed as she spoke, looking more like nervous student reporting to the principal than a full fledged police officer. Lacona sipped the coffee. It was almost ripe enough to get up and move on its own. Maybe if she came back later it would be more to her liking.

"Can you get to the point?" she growled. Goldie stopped mid gesture, looking she was mid gang sign. "Oh, right! Well I found some old incident reports that look like Gaile might have been involved in them." She pulled a stat stick out of her pocket, it was a little worn and had an image of a super cute little cartoon blond woman on it. Goldie saw Lacona's questionable glance at the image. "Oh, This? I got this little cartoon Goldie Locks to put on my data stick so that way I'd be easy for me to find it if I lost it." Lacona shook her head, "Of course you did. Whats on the report, Officer?" Lacona's eye twitched again.

"Well, it looks like there have been about a dozen reports of Assaults over at this tiny dive bar by the name of Married Shelly's. Heh. I just got that!" Goldie bubbled, "You see cause its a play off of Mary Shel..." "I got it." Lacona sighed. "The point, or leave." "Right," Goldie's dejected puppy dog eyes peeked out from her bangs. "I think that Gaile might be a frequent patron of the bar. She was named as the lead suspect for several of the reports, but the victims were all drunk men, several had a history of Sexual Assault, and even though they say it happened right in the bar, there were never any witnesses.

"That sounds promising. I'll check it out." Lacona downed the rest of the coffee, feeling it crawl down her throat.
____________________________

The Married Shelly's Exterior looked like it only needed a few more years to fall in completely. The one lamp blinking over the doors, gave them a bluish reflective glow. The cruiser stood out as the only vehicle not likely to be stolen and or a broken wreck on the whole street. Detective Lacona sighed and locked the doors. "Time for business." She stepped inside.

"Hallo there!" Came the call from behind the bar. Lacona looked around. There were 3 people in the bar, two drunks at different tables who likely came in when the bar opened and would leave when it closed. The thin Wispish girl behind the bar was cleaning a glass and throwing out a smile her eyes didn't agree with. "What can I get for you? Beer, Wings?" "I'm looking for Shelly Winsor, the owner of this Establishment." Lacona flashed her badge. "I have some questions for her." "Oh, that would be me." Shelly said, "What do you want to know?"

Lacona pulled out a screengrab with Gaile on it. "I'm looking for this woman, Gaile Jiyeon. She frequents this bar, and I need to find her." Shelly stared at the picture, going up in surprise. "Yeah, Gaile comes here when she is in town. But she hasn't been in town in a while. Great customer, never any problems with her." Shelly picked up another glass. "Look, I don't care that she smacks around assholes who get handsy." Lacona waved the pic again. "She's moved on to more dangerous game. She's involved in something big for Lawlsy Syndicate. And she is going to seriously hurt someone unless I can get to her first."

Shelly gaped, smacking the bar. "No way. I know her better than that she's not that kind of person." She pointed to a picture on the wall. In it Gaile was standing with a tall man holding up a new title to a transport/cargo ship. "All she wants to do is move products and people from place to place. Look, there might be some collateral damage around her when she drinks. But I have a huge female patronage because she keeps the assholes in line. She wouldn't get involved with the Lawlsy syndicate, not on purpose anyway." Shelly wrung the cloth with her hands. It was pretty obvious she was a friend of Gailes. Lacona was still looking at the picture on the wall. "Who is this? I've seen him before." She pointed at the tall man.

"Oh him? His name is Wesk, uh Something something. He works with her, is her normal DD when she comes out. only ever gets juice or water." Shelly shrugged. "I get him free Wings, to make sure she gets home okay." " Do you now?" Lacona smirked. "If you want to make sure they are okay, I need to know where they normally dock the ship." Shelly paled, "Fine, they normally park the boat over on the west side boonies. Its cheap, and its where they have me call the cab to when they want out on their own. Please, keep her safe." Shelly was wringing her cloth again. "That depends on her, doesn't it?" Lacona shoved the screengrab back in her jacket." She pulled out her phone and snapped a pic of the pic on the wall. "I have another name, and I'm pretty sure he's going to be more cooperative."
___________________

Lacona dug around in the pockets of the pants she wore previously. "Where is that blasted thing?" she grumbled. Feeling the flick of paper, she pulled the mass of paper out of the pocket. It was a crumpled mess of receipts and other detritus she collected habitually. One of those weird things she picked up since becoming a detective, but it paid off. Lacona separated the papers out. "Jackpot!" one was Wesk's name and number just as she remembered. She tossed the paper into an evidence bag. "Now to see if I can.." Her phone rang, it was the station. "Hello, this is Detective Lacona." "Henrietta, its the commissioner. We got a hit on your suspects."

No comments:

Post a Comment